Community Aid Service
The Community Aid service provides assistance for people aged 65 years or older (Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander 50 years or older). The service supports older people so that they can remain in their own homes as long as it is safe for them to do so.
Community Aid is an essential service to help clients maintain their independence, participate in the local community, avoid social isolation and attend medical and other important appointments. Our team of dedicated Community Aid volunteers provide support services including:
- Accompanied activities such as taking people to social events, medical appointments, shopping and other events
- Friendship home visits
- Keeping contact phone calls
Volunteers are recruited under strict guidelines and receive ongoing training.
The service is available to residents of the Hornsby and Ku-ring-gai council areas.
- Please call our service administrator on 9498 5882 for more details regarding these services and eligibility
- Phone My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or
- refer to the My Aged Care website
A small contribution is requested for the services provided.
Contact:Community Aid Administrator
Office hours:9.30am – 3.30pm, Monday to Friday
Community Aid is a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health