Access to Bulk-Billed Psychologist Services
You can access our services using a Mental Health Care Plan or ATAPS plan by referral from your GP.
Mental Health Care Plan
At Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury, a Mental Health Care Plan allows you to see a Psychologist for 6 sessions (an additional 4 sessions can be requested) without incurring any out of pocket costs.
To use this service you will need:
- A referral letter from your G.P. or psychiatrist to attend Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury Psychological Services at Gordon.
- An up-to-date Medicare card.
Allied Psychological Services Program (ATAPS)
We are also contracted providers of psychological services under ATAPS. ATAPS allows you attend 6 sessions (an additional 6 sessions can be requested).
Who is eligible for ATAPS?
- Have had a diagnosis of a mental health issue
- Would benefit from psychological services
- Fall within one of the groups below:
- Low income earners
- Youth (12-18)
- Children (0-11)
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
- People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds
- Women with perinatal depression
- People at risk of suicide
- People at risk of homelessness
Eligibility is determined by your GP.
How do I access the ATAPS program?
Your GP will need to refer you into the program. Speak to your GP about any mental health concerns you are experiencing and your current circumstances. Your GP will then be able to assess your eligibility and refer you to a Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury psychologist.