Managing Your Mood
Skills Groups for Adults and Adolescents
Are you struggling with distressing feelings and thoughts?
Are you experiencing symptoms of anxiety and depression?
Do you want to learn skills and strategies to more effectively manage your feelings and your relationships?
Starting August 2017, Lifeline is offering 16-week DBT* skills groups which will cover the following key components:
- Mindfulness skills – to stay focused on the present moment
- Emotion Regulation skills – to deal with intense negative emotions and develop emotional coping strategies
- Distress Tolerance skills – to effectively deal with painful emotions and situations
- Interpersonal Effectiveness skills – for assertive communication and building relationships
Who can attend?
If you live, work or attend school in Northern Sydney or the Northern Beaches, have mild to moderate mental health issues and fall into one of the identified risk groups, you are eligible to attend (see snhn.org.au for further details).
How much does the group cost?
There is no cost but you will require a referral from your GP to attend. To register your interest please talk to your GP or call PHN Mental Health Line on 1300 782 391, or email Lifeline at PHNgroups.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Contact PHN Groups coordinator on 8287 1158 or email PHNgroups.email@example.com
Funding for groups is provided by Sydney North Primary Health Network
* Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) is a type of talking therapy which focuses on the specific needs of people who experience emotions very strongly and feel they need to change patterns of behavior that are not helpful.
2017 Skills Group Dates (midway entry possible)
Monday 7 August 2017, 2-4pm, at Lifeline H2H Gordon.
Saturday 19 August 2017, 2-4pm at Lifeline H2H Gordon.
Monday 4 September 2017, 10-12 noon at Lifeline Northern Beaches
Saturday 5 August 2017, 10-12 noon at Lifeline Northern Beaches.