Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury reached a significant milestone this year, and we had a BIG celebration to mark our 45th Birthday.
Our fundraising team, together with a committee of hard working volunteers, organised the outstanding Sapphire Gala Ball at Luna Park’s Crystal Palace Ballroom, on Saturday 31st August. What a night! We enjoyed great food, fine wine, wonderful entertainment, and of course, fundraising activities which raised a staggering $96,000 (after expenses) to help maintain our crisis support and suicide prevention services at Gordon.
Many people generously contributed to the success of this event, however our special thanks go to:
- The Hon. Barry O’Farrell MP and John Brogden for attending and speaking on behalf of Lifeline
- Master of Ceremonies: Paul Murray, from Sky News and Radio 2UE fame.
- Cumulus Estate Wines: our extremely generous wine sponsor
- Wet Zelko: best band in town
- Deni Hines & Alex Gibson: amazing special guest entertainers
- Corporate sponsors
- Phil McCarroll: Chair of the Gala Ball Committee
- The Gala Ball Committee: Deborah Reid, Janiece Irwin, Cathy Spain, Hilla Knight, Victoria Turner,
Jackie Soutar, Suellen Lemke, & Bob Southerton
- And many more people who contributed to the overall success of the event