Community Aid Service
The Community Aid service provides assistance for people aged 65 years or older (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander 50 years or older). The service supports older people so that they can remain in their own homes and participate in the community.
Community Aid is an essential service to help clients maintain their independence, connect with others and avoid social isolation. Our team of dedicated Community Aid volunteers provide support services, including:
- Shopping – Shop by Lists or online shopping support
- Support phone calls – regular phone calls to help people stay connected
- Advocacy and referral – including to transport services
Volunteers are recruited under strict guidelines and receive ongoing training – click here to express your interest in becoming a volunteer.
The service is available to residents of the Hornsby Shire and Ku-ring-gai Council local government areas.
- Please call (02) 9498 8805 for more information or use the button below to email us
- Phone My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or refer to the My Aged Care website
Community Aid is a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health.