Suicide prevention is the reason that Lifeline’s 24-hour telephone crisis support service was developed more than 50 years ago. For those with thoughts of suicide, it is vital to find caring support.
Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury can help in the following ways:
The Suicide Bereavement Support Group
The group provides a safe and comfortable environment in which you can discuss feelings and experiences associated with your loss.
ECLIPSE Support Group
The group provides an opportunity to meet and talk with others who have survived a suicide attempt. Participants may learn skills that assist in coping with feelings and thoughts of suicide in order to stay safe in the future.
Other suicide-related help:
- Your local GP
- Local counselling and psychological services (check the Yellow Pages or search our Service Finder database)
- LIFE: Living Is For everyone
- Reachout – Information about suicide prevention for young people, families, communities and professionals
- Beyond Blue & Depression Net for information on depression
- Kids Help – for children and young people aged 5 to 25 years.