TCS Course Requirements & Student Eligibility Criteria
- Attending all sessions of the course
- Participating in Group Work and role-plays
- Completing Workbooks
- Skill Development
- Supervised telephone crisis support shifts
Participant Eligibility Criteria
Do you have …
- The ability for self-assessment and desire/openness to an ongoing learning process
- A capacity and willingness to respond to all people in a non-judgmental and respectful manner.
- An ability to display empathy
- A desire to learn
- An ability to maintain a level of consistency in commitment, reliability and punctuality
- A willingness to adhere to work within the vision and values of Lifeline
- A high level of verbal proficiency and understanding
- Competent computer skills
- Invitation to attend the course is contingent on a successful police check
- Must be a Permanent Australian resident
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Ideally live in the Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury catchment area in the northern area of Sydney that covers the suburbs and surrounding areas along the Pacific Highway from North Sydney to Berowra.
… then becoming a Telephone Crisis Supporter is a great way to help your community and build your own skills and knowledge.
But don’t take our word for it…
Meet Rebecca, a Lifeline H2H Telephone Crisis Supporter. In the video below, she talks about the training, and how it has made a difference in her life – as well as those she supports on the phone.
Please call (02) 9498 8805 ext. 254 or contact us at email@example.com to request an information pack.
Alternatively, click the button below to send us an email.