Financial Counselling Service
Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury’s financial counsellors are all professionally qualified, experienced members of FCAN. They provide free and confidential financial counselling for people experiencing financial difficulties.
We help people who are:
- having difficulty paying debts
- facing legal action regarding debts
- concerned about being evicted – have rental arrears or mortgage stress
- unemployed and unable to pay creditors
- have Centrelink, ATO or State Debt Recovery debts
- considering bankruptcy
- being harassed by creditors or debt collectors
- or would like some help with budgeting
Our counsellors will listen in a non-judgemental and caring manner. They are able to offer information, analysis of options, negotiations, mediation and referrals. Our aim is to assist clients to resolve their financial problems and empower them to manage their financial situation in the future. Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury’s Financial Counselling service has a direct referral pathway to an independent lawyer, Richard Brading BEc/LLB, to provide pro bono legal assistance for Financial Counselling clients. Due to COVID-19, appointments are held via phone Monday to Friday. Call (02) 9498 8805 or click the button below to email us for an appointment.
Financial Counselling is a Financial Wellbeing and Capability Activity funded by the Commonwealth Department of Social Services.