Financial Counselling Service
Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury’s financial counsellors are professionally qualified, experienced members of FCAN who provide information, advice and advocacy to people experiencing financial difficulties. The service is free, non-judgemental, confidential, and independent.
We help people who are:
- having difficulty paying debts,
- facing legal action regarding debts
- concerned about being evicted – have rental arrears or mortgage stress
- unemployed and unable to pay creditors
- have Centrelink, Australian Tax Office (ATO) or State Debt Recovery debts
- considering bankruptcy
- being harassed by creditors or debt collectors
- wanting help with budgeting
During an appointment counsellors offer information, analysis of options, negotiations, mediation and referrals. The service aims to resolve immediate financial problems, focus on future goals for long-term financial management and empower clients to manage their financial situation in the future.
Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury’s Financial Counselling service has a direct referral pathway to an independent lawyer to provide pro bono legal assistance for Financial Counselling clients.
Due to COVID-19, appointments are held via phone Monday to Friday. Call (02) 9498 8805 or click the button below to email us for an appointment.
Financial Counselling is a Financial Wellbeing and Capability Activity funded by the Commonwealth Department of Social Services.